you'll get a tiny little breath of relif in this chapter :-) but not for long haha...
thank you for reading, i swear i read every single comment on the previous chapter of this, so thank you!!!
also don't be sorry for being late on comment, kay? i understand that ya'll are busy! :)
After that insident when Hayley almost stepped out of the window she surprisingly begun to get better, she didn't cry as much as she did before and didn't asked to turn the lights off, of course we kept the windows locked and the doors as well, just in case. Jeremy and Taylor were still looking at me funny after i sort of told them about the ghost of Jason that could be haunting me. I was scared but i couldn't fight my feelings for Hayley ether, after all i loved her and Jason was now gone, i respected the fact that Hayley loved him but she had to move on and she had the right to be happy. So the idea of Jason actually being able to haunt any of us belonged only to me and only i knew about what Hayley told me, i wasn't going to tell anyone. To her mother and the other it was only an attempt of suicide so them knowing that Hayley told me she heard Jason calling her was going to be quite a shock, call me crazy but i believed her as much as i believed what i saw back at my house.
- So you're staying? Jeremy asked me as he threw his backpack over his shoulder, stucking my hands into my pockets i nodded my head but didn't look at him, Josh, you love her don't you?
- I- i paused and looked around just in case, yeah i do, man, i really do, i want to make her happy, i admitted.
- Do you really believe that Jason could be angry at you for that?i gulped.
- You mean do i believe that it was a ghost that one time at my house? i asked back.
- Dude, i don't know what you saw but, this seems like complite insanity, Jason never hated you, now he's gone, time passed and more time will pass, if you want to make Hayley happy and if she loves you back than why should you hide those feelings?
- You're right, i breathed out.
- Well good luck than, he taped my shoulder and walked out of the room, i followed after him.
We all stood on the front porch saying goodbye to Jeremy and Taylor, i couldn't help but to look at Hayley, she looked so much better now, more healhty, she was eating more and was smiling now. She glanced at me and my hreat skipped a beat, i chewed into my lip and looked away like a nervous teen.
- Thank you so much, Mrs.Williams hugged Jeremy than Taylor, thank you for staying here all this time.
- And you're always welcome back, here, Ricky smiled hugging Taylor who blushed a little, i always knew he had a thing for her and smiled at them.
- Now you get better, Jeremy hugged Hayley tightly and she closed her eyes, i knew it was a friendly hug but i couldn't help that feeling of jealousy to envide me.
- Thank you guys, Hayley smiled and hugged Taylor before pulling back. We all waved at them as both climbed into Jeremy's car and drove off.
- Well how about some tea and pancakes, i'm sure there was some left, Mrs.Williams smiled.
- Hell yes, Hayley grinned and grabbed her sister' hand, they laughed and run to the kitchen, i chuckled.
- Joshua, Mrs.Williams begun, i glanced at her as she grabbed my hand, honey, i don't even know how to thank you, she said.
- Oh Mrs.Williams, i said awkwardly and hugged her as i saw her eyes fill with tears, you don't have to thank me for anything, i pulled away.
- Yes, you're like a part of this family, she said and smiled than chewed into her lip, you know maybe i'm just seeing things and this might sound a bit well awful, maybe but i think that Hayley's warming up to you, for a moment i couldn't breathe, was she serious.
- She loves Jason, i whispered unable to hide the sadness in my voice.
- Of cours she does, she will always love him but she can't be like this forever, you know i'll be so happy if you two, well it's only my hopes but i couldn't wish for a better person than you, you'd make sush a lovely couple, i could swear my face was red for embarassement, i chuckled under my breath.
- Well i, thanks, i mumbled, she hugged me quickly before pulling me inside the house. While we were in the kitchen i constantly bumped into Hayley and she would stare at me and everything what her mother told me seemed to make sense now, maybe she just knew better.
- Josh, i froze and slowly turned around, it was past nine and i was heading to 'my' bedroom and apparently Hayley had followed me down the hallway, there we stood now, all alone, it felt awkward.
- What's up? i asked smiling although i was shaking to the core, she walked closer to me and grabbed my hand which caused me to shiver.
- Can we talk? she asked quietly and looked down.
- Right now? i asked nervously, it's not that i didn't want her here now but i just wanted to make sure.
- Yes, i, i know it's late and- she paused and looked up at me and chewed into her lip her eyes searched for something on my face, crap, she breathed out and suddenly crushed her lips to mine. I didn't even hesitate to respond because i've waited for it for to long to even care to think of the concequences right now.
The floor creaked somewhere close to us and we pulled away, Hayley was breathing so heavely that would give away to anybody what we were doing here, she blushed and chewed into her lip seeing Ricky standing there and staring at us in shock.
- You guys, she begun, is that really what i'm seeing right now? i didn't exactly know how to answer to that but i knew i had to and there was no point to hide this anymore.
- We- i rubbed the back of my neck before glacing down at Hayley, she looked up and stared at me shily before leaning her head on my chest, well, i really like your sister, Ricky, i smiled, i was to nervous to even say it seriously.
- Okay, Ricky whispered, i well i can't say that i'm not okay with it, she smiled, it's just that it's all so sudden, she chuckled, i better go, you know it's late, she shook her head at us, see you tomorrow and i'm happy for ya, she giggled and walked away.
- Wow, Hayley whispered, i felt myself smiling and hugged her close hearing her laugh quietly and burry her face into my shirt, pulling back after a moment i kissed her softly and she returned the gesture.
- You know i over heard you talking to Jeremy that day, Hayley begun, i froze for a moment.
- About what? i asked quietly hoping that she never heard about the strange things that happened in my house.
- Well, that you had feelings for me, Hayley mumbled, that's why i, well i knew you won't push me away, so i kissed you, she giggled and sighed softly, Josh?
- Yeah? i whispered and brushed my fingers through her hair.
- I'm so sorry for, for hurting you, i didn't meant to, really, it was just so hard-
- Don't even think of that, i cut her off, i know it was hard and i know that you'll always love him just let me make you happy, i really want you to be happy Hayley, i admitted, there was a pause and i didn't know if what i said was right but than Hayley kissed me hard on the lips and didn't pull away for a long moment.
- Thank you so much, she whispered and hugged my waist, i breathed in relief and kissed her head before feeling myself drift into sleep. She tolf me she was a bit affraid to sleep on her own but i'm sure she was getting lonely and than after all now we could spend all our time together and nothing could come between us anymore or so i thought.
I woke up in the middle of the night with the light of the moon falling right on the side of the bed where i was sleeping, i carefully pulled my arm away from around Hayley and stood up, the floors creaked under my feet as i walked to the window to pull the curtains to hide the light that was disturbing me but as soon as i reached for the curtain i felt something odd, like a light but cold breeze running against my bare arms, i felt the cold even through my clothes, i gulping i quickly returned back to bed leaving the curtains open.
- What's wrong? Hayley whispered startling me, Josh, it's okay, it's just me, Hayley chuckled, i breathed out.
- I'm okay, just that moonlight wouldn't let me sleep, i chuckled, Hayles? i whispered as she leaned closer to me, i saw a smile playing on her lips as she tugged into the hem of my tee shirt and crushed her lips to mine. I didn't wait to respond, we hastly begun to pull each other's clothes off and our hands dared to roam each other's bodies like never before. I could hear small gasps escape Hayley's lips as i brought her closer to me and kissed her neck, i didn't even care anybody in the house heard us at the moment. But than i had that horrifying feeling all around me, my whole body went limp and there was a feeling of disgust setted in my stomach.
- Jason, Hayley moaned quietly but loud enough for me to hear, i couldn't move at first, Hayley wanted to kiss me again but i pushed myself away from her. I hastly grabbed my clothes and locked my self in the bathroom, turninng the water on i wanted to wash off Hayley's smell from my skin, i felt so used and disgusted with myself. I had trusted her, i confessed my love for her and now it was starting all over again, it's like she had never wake up from her dream or it was more like a nightmare. One's i was done i walked back into the room finding Hayley's naked body tangled in the sheets, her red hair a mess, she was sobbing.
- Josh, i'm sorry, she shocked out as she saw me but i didn't come closer, i couldn't even look at her, this wasn't over and she wasn't fine, she was still hallucinating and taking me for him, it made me sick inside knowing that when she kissed me she wanted to kiss him, she wanted to feel him, she wanted and loved only him and only used me. A part of me knew that it wasn't her fault but i couldn't deal with this at the moment.
- Josh, where are you going? Hayley demanded as i walked to the door, she grabbed my arm, please, stay, she sobbed, i love you Josh, i swear.
- You're not well Hayley, i told her, don't touch me, please, i hissed , i knew it was harsh but it was the truth, i felt her grip on my arm loosen and soon she let go. I left the Williams's house, the sun was starting to show, the grass was still wet in the front lawn. I climbed into my car and drove way, i had to clear my head to see the difference between the real and the imagination, i had to think, to be on my own and i was also affraid, i was scared of him.