in thsi chapter you'll understand where this story is heading at some point... i hope you like it ! :)
I woke up on the couch in the living room, there was already someone in the kitchen, probably Mrs. Williams making breakfast. Hayley's sister Ricky walked into the living room and obviously didn't noticed me, i carefully sat up trying not to scare her.
- Oh morning Josh, she smiled weakly.
- Morning, i smiled and stood up, did you sleep well? i asked and hugged her.
- Yeah i did, kust Hayley, she, Ricky sighed, she was screaming in her sleep.
- I didn't hear it, i said worriedly, did you check on her.
- Um no, Ricky mumbled, the door was locked.
- Oh, i mumbled feeling my heart beat faster, i'm gonna go see her, i said. I rushed up the stairs and found myself in front of Hayley's door, i grabbed into the handle, it was unlocked. Walking into the door i had to turn the lights on because the curtains were closed, the sheets on Hayley's bed was thrown into the floor and she was lying right on the matress.
- Hayley, i called out softly, she seemed to be asleep but her face was covered by her hair, Hayles, i called for her not daring to move, i was so scared.
Hayley gasped and suddenly sat up as if waking up from a nightmare, she noticed me and climbed off her bed, without a word she threw herself into my arms and sobbed. I closed my eyes and sighed in relief, i was fearing the worst.
- He was speaking to me, i swear he was! Hayley whispered into my chest after crying what seemed like hours, she was exausted.
- It was only a nightmare, i whispered into her hair and lightly rocked her back and forth in my arms, my heart was breaking to see her like this. I looked up feeling uneasy because Hayley's family and our friends stood in the doorway watching us.
- You need to get some sleep, i whispered and lay her down into her bed, she lay her head weakly on the pillow, i grabbed a cover and pulled it over her, she was shaking.
- Don't leave me! she begged as i walked to the door, i looked at her helpless face.
- Stay with her Josh, Mrs.Williams said softly to me, i glanced at all of them unsure but they seemed to agree, well all except Jeremy who looked at me intensely before leaving.
- Josh! Hayley cried out and threw herself in my arms as i sat down on the bed, don't leave me, she sobbed into my shirt, i chewed hard into my lipring and held her close, the door of the room carefully closed which left us in complite darkness. I begun to be scared of the darkness ever since he died not only because i felt like he would really come haunting me or Hayley but because i was scared, i was scared of myself, of my feelings.
- Hayley, are you sleeping? i whispered feeling like i was suffocating in this room, Hayley's arms were still tighly wrapped around my waist.
- Is that you? her hoarse voice whispered near my ear.
- Of course, i whispered feeling chills run down my spine and than someting i could only imagine in my wildest dreams happenned. Her lips crushed to mine as she kissed me furiously, i couldn't even do anything about it because everything was happening so damn fast. I was kissing her back not even realizing it.
- Jason, she murmured grasping the fabric of my tee shirt as i kissed her neck, i froze unable to move, God, i've missed you so much, i love you, she whispered breathlessly moving closer to me.
- Hayley, stop, i said sounding to harsh because i knew damn well it was my fault if i let it get this far, i should've understand that she imagined i was her boyfriend, she kept on pulling me closer and for a moment i felt horrified, like she was dreaming and i wasn't, i felt disgusted with myself, stop! i snapped grabbing her wrists and pulling away.
- What? she chocked out, i could hear the tears in her voice now, who are you? she demanded with fear, i pulled away from her and turned the lights on, Hayley sat on her bed staring at me in shock, tears were streaming down her face, you're not him, she whispered.
- I'm not, i whispered keeping my distance with her now, how could i believe she could be thinking of me that way now, just after he died, i could've swear it was her who listened to my conversaton with Jeremy last night but it was only my imagination.
- But you, she shoked out and looked at me in shock, i looked down ashamed and tried to fix my shirt that was barely hanging on now, why did you did that Josh? she whispered with a tearful voice.
- I didn't do anything, you're just crazy Hayley! i burst out, Jason is dead and he won't come back! i spat and rushed out of the room not wanting to see the pain and hurt in Hayley's eyes. I run down the hallway but was stopped by Taylor who was in my way, he looked at my face.
- What's going on? he asked, i tired my best not to look into his eyes.
- Hayley needs to be alone, i lied, i'll come over tonight, i said.
- You're leaving?
- Yes, i am, i have the right to go home don't I? i snapped, Taylor brough his hand to his side and looked at me a bit confused but agreed, i walked away.
One's outside i took a deep breath and quickly walked to my car, it felt like i've even forgot what the outside world felt like because all i did for the past week was spending my time in Hayley's dark room. Placing my hands on the streeing wheel i looked up at the window of Hayley's room, the curtains were still closed. I sighed, i was harsh i knew it but she was going insane now. I drove away trying to push all the possible feeling of guilt away, it wasn't my fault, she threw herself at me.
Walking into my house felt like a breath of fresh air, i haven't been in here for a whole week. I threw my jacked on the couch and decided to take a shower and change into some other clothes.
I walked out of the bathroom and went to the closet to get myself some clothes. As i pulled on my shirt something caught my eye, i walked to my desk seeing a photo album lying there, i frowned looking at the wide open album , a photo was missing. I begun to flip through the pages and realized that all the pictures where i was with Hayley were gone, my heart begun to beat faster my chest, someone was there. I tried to find a reasonable explanation to it but the only thing that came into my mind was Jason and what heppened between me and Hayley today, my feelings towards her. I shook my head and placed the album into a drawer, i wasn't making sense. Jason was dead and i haven't done anything wrong. I chuckled at the thought, Jason was going to haunt me now, bullshit.
- Who's there? i snapped as i heard a creaking noise downstairs, now i was going mad.