Hayley stood in the doorway, her breath caught in her throat as she didn't dare to move, her eyes were following each of his moves and they way a smile played in the corner of his lips, he was sitting on the couch playing guitar, nothing out of ordinary bur for her it was the most captivating, the most beautiful thing in the world.
- It was perfect, Josh, Hayley whispered and walked further into the room, he chuckled under his breath and smiled.
- Come on Hayles, honestly, it was terrible, he smiled placing the guitar down, he patted the empty spot on the couch for her.
- No it was amazing, she insisted and sat down, you should believe me, i know what i'm talking about, Hayley smiled than gasped as she noticed that Josh's hand was bleeding.
- Josh, your fingers, she inspected his hand realizing that his fingers were bleeding probabaly from the fact that he've been playing for a couple of hours now and because of the lack of practice, he haven't played for so long for about three years now.
- I havent even noticed, Josh said in shock, it's okay, just a few cust here and there.
- Wait, i'll be right back, Hayley rushed out of the room and to the kitchen, grabbing the fist aid kid Hayley run back into the room.
- Gosh, Josh, you could've been more careful, she whispered appaying the last bandaid on his finger, now, you can't play at last for a day or two, she sighed.
- Thanks for fixing me, Josh chuckled and kissed her foerehead which caused her to blush again, and i will try to be more careful next time, he smiled.
- So are you going to pick up your stuff today? Hayley asked rubbing her hands together and glancing down at her feet.
- Yeah, Josh trailled off, actually thank you for reminding me, he stood up and straightened his shirt, i'm going to go now.
- Would you need some help? Hayley asked casually knowing that Josh would have to pack since he didn't brought just clothes with him, he was going to live with Jenna not just stay over for a week.
- D'you want to come? Josh asked with a smile which made Hayley's heart pick up its race.
- If you want me to, i mean you wold need help, she trailled off and stood up from the couch, and than you're injured, she chuckled pointing to his hand, Josh chuckled.
- Alright, let's go, Josh smiled grabbing her hand and leading her to the door.
Josh pulled into the driveway of Jenna's house, surprisingly she wasn't home just like Josh had asked her, Hayley glanced at her bestfriend and saw that look on his face, it hurt him to come here, he turned the engine off and glanced at her with a smile, she smiled back not wanting to show him she noticed he was sad.
- Okay, so i have a few books here and there in the living room, Josh explained pointing to the shelves, i'm gonna pick up the bags i've already made up stairs, would you be okay with the books? he asked.
- Sure, Hayley smiled rolling up her sleeves, let's get to work, she grinned clapping her hands, Josh laughed at her cuteness.
- Thanks for helping Hayles, Josh said as he made his way to the stairs.
- What are you talking about, Hayley laughed grabbing the emty box Josh had brough from the garage to pick up his belongings?. She picked up a few books and placed them into the box than sighed and looked around, smiling she walked up to the radio, Josh, is that okat if i put some music?
- Sure Hayles! Josh called back, smiling she turned the radio on and got back to work with much more happiness.
One's she was done with the box Hayley looked around for some sticky tape buyt didn't see any, she turned the volume of the radio down and asked Josh about it.
- It's in the kitchen, Hayles, second drawer next to the fridge.
- Thanks! Hayley called out and turned the volume of the radio back and walked to the kitchen.
Zipping the bag up Josh sighed deeply rememebering how happy he was when he was packing to come here, live with Jenna, now he could see how stupid it was, he felt so hurt and blind. Running his hand through his hair Josh walked to the window and frowned, there was an other car parcked behind his, he stepped away from the window, it was Jenna's car.
- Josh, he clenched his teeth as she walked into the room, looking at him with pleading eyes, Josh plese, don't leave me like this, let me explain.
- Jenna i'm not talking about this, it's over, we're done, and we were done long ago, he said avoiding her stare and looked over at the bags before picking one up.
- Josh, Jenna said softly, i know you still love me,i always knew that we were made for each other-
- Stop, Josh snapped with frustration, love? I hate yo with all my might, he spat but Jenna walked closed.
- I know that you don't mean all that Joshi, she said softly placing her hand on his arm.
- Gosh, finally, Hayley exclaimed as she found the tape in an other complitely different drawer, sighing she walked out of the kitchen, she giggled as she heard a song of her band playing on the radio, shaking her head it off, she loved this song but she felt like hearing her self sing was a bit odd or maybe she didn't want Josh to listen. Hayley suddenly froze as she heard voices upstairs,she immediatly recognized Jenna's voice, her and Josh were arguing. Cussing under her breath Hayley rushed to the stairs, she had no ittention to let this girl hurt Josh any longer. Hayley felt a strange flip in her stomach as the arguing suddenly stopped, she slowed down her pace as reached the bedroom. She felt like something wasn't right but still walked into the room. She saw Josh and Jenna share a passionate kiss and stepped back, she winced at the pain in her chest and bit hard at her lip, closing her eyes for a moment she turned away and rushed down the stairs.
- Get away from me! Josh snapped pushing Jenna away,he was sure he heard the front door slam shut and than realized that Hayley must've need Jenna's car but he didn't know why Hayley had left, was it only because Jenna was there and she didn't want to see her?
- Josh, i love you, Jenna whined and grabbed his hand, Josh chewed hard into his lipring and looked at her, her icy blue eyes didn't looked the same to him anymore, she was lying to him but she was lying so well now, shaking his head he pulled his hand out of Jenna's grip.
- Jenna, we're over, you have to understand that now, he said and grabbed two of his bags heading out of the room. Jenna followed after him.
- Josh, i don't love him like i like i love you, gosh, why can't you just understand that i just wanted the job, nothing more! Josh dumped his last bags into the back seat of his car and slammed the door shut, he looked around the street and chewed into his lip thinking about Hayley. He was affraid that she saw Jenna kissing him and must've think that they got back together which he knew that Hayley wouldn't like but Jenna had kissed him and he felt absolutely nothing.
- So you're going back to that little-
- Jenna, please, Josh sighed, just stay out of my life now and i can assure you that i will be out of yours, he said and got into the car, Jenna crossed her arms over her chest, she looked furious.
- Josh, you're making the wrong decision, i'm the one who made you happy, you would never forget me and you'll feel guilty for falling for this girls lies, she spat.
- What are you even talking about? Josh shook his head and sighed, goodbye Jenna, he said and drove off.
Hayley tried her best to keep the tears from falling but her heart was torn apart, she knew that this would happend, that Jenna would get Josh back knowing that he still loved her, a part of Hayley didn't blame Josh but she felt sorry for him and and a other part of her hated him for being so blind and letting Jenna manipulate him. She hoped that after all the times he saw the truth with his own eyes he won't make a mistake but apparently she was wrong.
Burring her face into her hands she begun to cry harder not caring if the taxi driver would hear her sob on the backseat, she just couldnt hld it back anymore. She was hurt but she was also scared, scared because of her feelings towards Josh, her bestfriend. After exiting the car she made her way thrugh the black painted arch (is that the right word :/ ) and down the path. She was running now but ones she arrived at the right place, she couldnt stand on her own feet anymore. She dropped to her knees in front of the three graves and cried.
- Why is this happening to me? Mom? she choked out looking at the picture of her mother, she looked down letting out a shaky breath. Biting hard into her lip she knew that she had to calm down, it was her own fault if she was a broken mess right now but she was so affraid to loose him now, if he ever knew how she felt he could never understand her, she was sure of it.
- Hey, mom, Hayley whispered and smiled weakly, dad, she whispered,Erica, she added softly.
- I'm sorry for annoying you with all my stupid probblems but it hurts so bad right now, she chewed hard into her lip trying not to break down again.
- Mom, if only you were here, you'd tell me what to do, she smiled weakly, i know that i shouldn't be guilty for loving im now but how would i tell him, she chewed into her lip and sighed softly brushing her fingers through the grass around her, what if he thinks that i've always wanted to break his relationship, what if he hates me?
- I always knew that she wasnt right for him but he loved her and they were happy, you know that i never thought about ruining any of it, she sighed again and shook her head lightly.
- He's hurt but now, she's there with him again and, Hayley chewed hard into her lip, she's hurting and using him, Hayley snapped, but if he really loves her than.
- Oh God, why is it all so damn hard, Hayley snapped and burried her face into her hands, it's all my fault, i couldn't control my feelings, i love him so much but i'm so scared to loose him, i can't loose him, she whispered.
- Daddy, i'm sorry that you have to hear be ramble about a boy, Hayley chuckled, but he's not just some boy, he's my best friend and i really don't want to loose him, i love him so much, Hayley whispered and looked down. Suddenly Hayley heard her name being called from the distance, she quickly jumped to her feet and turned around seeing Josh running towards her, she took a deep breath trying to think of anything to say to him, she was mad at him for letting Jenna manipulate him again but she was to weak to fight against her feelings and decided not to say anything at all.
- Why did you run away? were the first words that left Josh's mouth, Hayley wanted to say something nasty to him but he couldn't know what she felt about him, maybe he didn't even know that she saw him and Jenna kiss.
- I just thought that you and Jenna needed some time alone, Hayley trailled off and sighed under her breath, she didn't want to sound like she was hurt but she didn't want him to be with the one that hurt him and would do it over and over again.
- Jenna, she kissed me, Josh muttered and run his hand through his hair in frustration, Hayley's heart jumped just a little, she didn't want to show him that she was happy but there was some hope in her heart, she's crazy, Josh shook his head, i had to tell her over again that we were over, at last now i don't have to go back there anymore, i have all of my stuff, Josh smiled weakly and looked at Hayley's face, she smiled weakly.
- So you didn't fell for her lies this time? she asked feeling her heart beat fast as Josh shook his head and leanded forward to wrap his arms around Hayley's tiny frame.
- I won't upset you with my problems anymore Hayles, i promise, Josh whispered. Hayley smiled and hugged him tight, he didn't know how she felt but she didn't loose him ether and Jenna was out of their lives, at last out of Josh's, maybe everything wasn't all that bad.
- Did you cry? Josh asked with concern as he brushed his thumb against Hayley's cheek, she blushed lightly and smiled to him.
- Just, missed them, she whispered and nodded towards the graves, Josh chewed into his lipring and pulled Hayley closer to his chest feeling protective of his one and only best friend. She had ones lost the ones she loved the most and he couldn't let her down.
- I'm here for you Hayles, Josh whispered, Hayley looked up at his concerned face and felt the tears coming again, she couldn't fight her love for him and she wondered how long it would take for her heart to keep it all inside as Josh would be by her side.
- Let's go home now and finally get the fun we both deserve, Josh smiled and pulled Hayley towards the path, she giggled than glanced back at the graves.
- I love you, bye, she whispered to her parents and sister before following after Josh.